A quick and brief look back on the past 5 years and what I've learned.....
What I've learned from being gluten free:
1. Attitude. Attitude. Attitude. It really does make a huge difference! I've been given the gift of health!
2. Prepare. Organize. Plan.
3. How to read a label. I mean, really read a label!
4. I don't always need a gluten free cookbook. Modifying recipes often works just as well.
5. Be my own best advocate. Listen to my body and make my best choices. Speak up.
6. Trying new recipes can be a fun adventure!
7. Getting outside of my comfort zone in the kitchen. This has been a good thing!
8. Eating healthier. The fewer processed foods the better.
9. New vocabulary words: quinoa, sorghum flour, xanthun flour, tapioca flour....who knew all these things existed?!
10. Leftover gluten-free pasta is NOT the same as "regular" leftover pasta!
No comments:
Post a Comment