Friday, February 3, 2012

Some Random Tips and Thoughts

When eating gluten free it's important to keep a good attitude as well as a good perspective.  When I started eating gluten free 5 years ago it was so easy to think about all the things I could no longer have and feel sorry for myself, but as time went on, I realized a few things....

A.) Eating gluten free is expensive, but so is imodium, doctor visits, colonoscopies and other tests at the doctor's office....in general, feeling yucky can be expensive and I'd rather spend my money on eating healthy and feeling good.

B.) Although celiac is called a "disease"(really?! Why a disease?!) there are many people in this community/nation/world with other diseases that would love to have a disease that they could fix by simply eliminating certain foods.  I will take eating gluten free any day over what some people have to go through!

C.) The first few months/first year is the hardest.  Grocery shopping does get easier!  The hardest parts for me that I still struggle with are eating out and traveling....and going to events where I know there will be nothing I can eat...for example weddings and graduations.

D.)  Eating gluten free is an investment of my time and it's an investment in my health.  I eat gluten free because I want to be healthy!

No comments:

Post a Comment