One helpful thing I did 5 years ago was making a list of all the foods I COULD eat. It was easy to get frustrated thinking about all that I couldn't eat....and so focusing on what I could eat was very helpful!
Another thing I have done in the past few years is create a binder of my favorite recipes. I took a 3 ring binder, clear plastic page protectors, paper, my recipe box, and tape. Then I took out favorite recipes that were either already gluten free or recipes that I could adapt and taped them on white paper. I put them in the clear plastic page protectors in my 3 ring binder organized according to the type of meat. For example, some of the categories I have are: "chicken: skillet"; "chicken: oven"; "Ground beef/turkey: skillet"; "Ground beef/turkey: oven"; "Pork"; "Fish"; "Crockpot"; "Soups"; etc....I also have a 2nd binder that includes desserts, veggies, snacks, etc.
Creating a binder takes some time at first, but has saved me time over the years when it comes to planning meals. This has also helped me to stay organized....and I love to be organized! :) And stay focused on all the things I that I CAN eat! It's also handy when I have a certain meat on hand and want to flip to that category to see what recipes I could use it in.
We are a group of gluten free friends wanting to share our resources with those just starting out gluten free. The first year can be overwhelming and we are here to help! Plus, we want to be able to share tips, ideas and recipes with each other as well!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment